Saturday, February 12, 2011

My thankful for list

1. A gracious God who gave His son as a perfect sacrifice on my behalf so that by faith in Him I would be a child of God and inherit the gift of eternal life and forgiveness from my sins.
2. Sanctification, the process of being made more and more into the image of Christ and less and less like the fallen sinful man I am.
3. My family both immediate and extended.
4. My friends who in many ways are like family too.
5. My husband who is a faithful man, a hard worker, and good dad, and who through the years has learned patience with me. It doesn't hurt that he is easy on the eyes too : 0 )
6. My three beautiful unique healthy daughters.
7. A roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, running water ( hot even ), food in my fridge and pantry, and all of the modern ammenities that we are all so spoiled with. I hear my dish washer swishing in the back ground. How cool to be able to sit here and make a post on my blog while my dishes are being washed and noone will have dish pan hands as a result!
8.Candles. I love candles. Apple scented and warm spicy food scents are my favorite!
9.My fur children, especially my dog Annabelle. She is my constant companion and friend. I love her big brown eyes.
10. My health. I woke up thanking God for the ability to get up out of my bed and to be able to just move and walk. Not everyone has that ability. It is a gift.
11. Exercise. It is hard and sometimes I don't want to do it but the result is so worth it. I feel so much better each and every day that I do work out.
12. Warm weather
13. Sun shine
14. Beaches
15. Tropical concoctions melting in my hand
16. rest/naps
17. cute clothes
18. coffee oh my I can't believe it took me till #18 to think of it. Not just regular coffee though, oh no! It must have "Coffee Mate French Vanilla" creamer in it. YUM!
19. Coffee dates with my husband. They are few and far between these days with his schedule but when they happen I am so thankful. All it is is a cup of coffee together sitting in our bed first thing in the morning.
20. Employment
21. Being able to look out my sliding door from my dining room at a horse and horse barn that is my neighbor's.
22. Seeing fruit trees out side by my barn and anticipating the beautiful Spring time blooms that will be there in a few weeks.
23. Chocolate
24. Bonfires, smores, sitting on hay
25. Cook outs and oh the wonderful cook out food! BBQ chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh fruit salad! YUM again!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list! Happy Saturday! I wore a tank top with no coat out today and I wasn't freezing, just chilly. I love it! Can you believe one day next week is suposed to be 65 out! What?! Time to lay outside on a beach towel. Woo Hoo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #13 Sun Shine...hmm...is that the real sun or the box o sunshine?! :)

    ReplyDelete